Whether it’s flu season, allergy season, or you’re just in the mood for a refreshing, flavourful drink, an immune-boosting smoothie is always a good idea. Green smoothies are far from anything new, but can be very handy in order to boost immunity. And we just can’t get enough!
Immune system booster foods:
– Citrus fruits for Vitamin C: oranges, lime, kiwi fruit, grapefruit, tangerine
– Ginger: may help decrease inflammation
– Spinach: rich in vitamin C and antioxidants
– Turmeric: Powerful immune booster, natural anti-inflammatory and a potent antioxidant
– Spirulina: Rich in chlorophyll and perfect to improve immune function and support detoxification
– Chlorella: A good source of several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Emerging research shows that it can help shuttle toxins out of your body.
We’ve made an immune system boosting smoothie recipe to keep the colds away!